Tuesday 10 February 2009

Skids are for kids unless your having fun :)






















With most of the UK covered in snow it is of no surprise that my training has been taking all types of unexpected twists and turn!!! Every morning there is a fresh blanket of snow covering my street and conditions on the hills are mad! This weekend brought on a rather unusual form of mountain biking . . . . . . on the road! The climb out was brutal not really made any easier by the horizontal snow slamming into you face!


On the route back G and I had loads of fun playing the longest skid competition which G won, or I let him so he wouldn't cry :) Check out the pics of us attempting to get some descending in!


However after a week of running and biking through knee deep snow on sunday I decided enough was enough and headed North to sample the skiing conditions! They were amazing, best snow I have ever experienced in Scotland. There had been another 2 foot drop of snow over night so it was as good as powder in the morning! Whats even better there was no wind (honest I am not telling fibs) and the sun was shinning (thank goodness for my trusty bloc eyewear)! Yee ha!


Hopefully the weather will improve soon as I am missing proper mountain biking so much (I need my fix)!

Les

No comments: